Pages

Are you on the right path?

posted on: Friday, 11 October 2013


I thought I was on the right path. I was cutting paper for all sorts of things and people and reasons. Well that's about to change in a few months as I've finally found my direction.

-------

Since my time on the Princes Trust course, I've found focus, a very specific focus. It's something that has probably been obvious so long ago, but I just haven't taken any notice and that something is wedding stationery.

I've created quite a few anniversary designs, cards and gifts for weddings, and I've even created a huge papercut Ketubah for a Jewish wedding - yet I've never actually realised I should be creating stationery for a wedding day!

The best part about creating the things I've mentioned above is because it's a great feeling when you know you've created something for someone that will mean so much for them and be a reminder of that special time. It makes me feel 'right' and like my designs have a purpose.

It gets me excited to think that very soon I will be taking on a few couples a month and working with them to create something amazing for their special day, while also feeling like what I'm doing is making a difference (both to them and me in the grand scheme of things)


So I'm very excited to release a range of pre made designs that will be fully customisable, while also offering my services to couples to create a completely unique and special wedding stationery suite just for them.

Over the last year, I've thought hard about what I want to do and the direction I want to take my business....and now I know that designing and creating wedding stationery is it. I've always loved cutting paper and creating new products and designs, but I've never really felt a focus for the 'who' element of why I'm making what I am. I'm not saying I will give up creating products or cutting paper for clients (for such things as magazines, window displays, adverts and promotional imagery) BUT my focus is definitely going to be firmly placed on wedding stationery.

I'm currently working on the branding for my new wedding stationery side of my business (the first image in this post is a clue about what that will look like) and I'm also creating some promotional material for my ranges of wedding stationery too. I hope to have everything finished and ready to show to you before Christmas (which gives me 11ish weeks to get everything finished and ready to show you!) as this means I can start working with brides and couples for next years wedding season.

I really hope that you will join me on this journey while my business evolves into that which I know it has always been destined to do so!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

. All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger