I mentioned in last weeks Mr Yen Monday post that I would be doing a review of the craft fair I attended the Sunday before...but since then I have decided to bring out a new silhouette papercut and can't hold in the excitement until next week to tell you all about it - so I will show the silhouette today and the craft fair review will be next Monday.
I have created a similar design to this before that I had framed in a clear, heavy acrylic frame that was kept closed by magnets, but this made the postage on this item expensive....well, not anymore!
What is it?
This papercut is a customisable silhouette that you can have created of your son, daughter, brother, sister, aunty, uncle, dog, cat or anyone else you can think of! It comes complete with a frame that is two sections of acrylic in a mini frame with a stand - so you can see through the cut out sections of the silhouette. Oh, and like all Mr Yen papercuts, it has FREE worldwide shipping!
How is it made?
Step 1.
Firstly, you would need to send me a picture of the person (or pet!) you would like a silhouette of. I would then use this to create a basic silhouette, which I would let you approve (or change until it's perfect) before we move onto the next step.
Step 2.
Your finished simple silhouette will next have the tiny botanical details drawn by hand and sent to you again to approve (or change)
Step3.
Your silhouette is carefully cut out as to not slice the wrong piece off in the wrong place and then once this is all cut and finished, I will send you a photograph, just in case you are as impatient as me and can't wait to get it home to see it!
Step 4.
Your silhouette is then placed in the frame, with the base not screwed on (I'll explain why next) wrapped in delicate tissue paper, tied with gold ribbon and then your packaged and framed silhouette, plus the packaged base, are popped into a strong envelope and sent out to you! Or if you want to surprise someone with a silhouette of them and a little note, why not send it direct to their address!
Step 5.
When you (or your very lucky friend) receives the papercut, all you have to do is open it, unwrap it, fast and with excitement like it's Christmas day, and then screw on the base! The base is left off during postage so it doesn't make the package a weird size or shape and it stops it breaking too.
Tada! New, customised, framed silhouette - what a perfectly personalised present! (especially if you're getting organised for Christmas presents early!) and all you have to do is place it in the room you want and admire!
How can I get one I hear you ask?!
All you need to do is visit the Mr Yen shop here, click add to cart, then send me a quick message with a photograph you would like as the silhouette - simple!



0 comments:
Post a Comment