Something I've wanted to incorporate for a while on the blog now are posts about food!
I love food, you love food - we all love food...but some of us have to love food while keeping a very strict eye on what we eat.
I found out last year that I had a wheat/gluten intolerance, with a mild lactose intolerance too and this changed EVERYTHING! For the first few weeks (actually, probably the first few months) all I did is check packages of food. You would not believe where wheat can hide....in things you didn't even associate with having wheat in them.
Bread? Yup, that has wheat. Pasta? Yep, that too....but things like sauces, dips, dressings and basically anything that tastes great (I'm only half joking here) - they almost always have hidden wheat or gluten.
Anyway, enough of that.
Since finding out about my intolerances, I've tried many different wheat free alternatives, with only a few actually tasting as good as - if not better than the actual wheat based food. BUT, during my food experiments, I have found many, many more of these alternatives to be so much worse than the 'real' thing.
I've yet to find any wheat free bread or pasta that lives up to the real thing and haven't really tried too many wheat free deserts, so, I thought I would share my search for wheat free recipes here on the blog with a post every week, which will be called Gluten Free Friday!
I found the above recipes through Pinterest and you can click the links above if you want to try them out. I think the waffle doughnut recipe is my favourite so far as I really miss the texture of wheat in foods (it makes things nice and chewy!)
Have you tried any wheat free alternatives that you would like to share?


0 comments:
Post a Comment