Pages

The Mighty Pencil - Volume 2

posted on: Friday, 5 October 2012









The Mighty Pencil is a group of illustrators from around the world (of which I'm proud to be a part of) and was created by Ben O'Brien in 2010....last year a selection of the Mighty Pencil (MP) members brought out a book, with the second volume being recently released this year.

This book is an advertisement for all the great illustrators and designers who are part of the group and I think the opening text of Vol.2 explains how fantastic things can happen when a group of like minded people get together to create something as it mentions...."The Mighty Pencil is not an illustration agency...." which I think just shows how great things can be achieved when illustrators put their mind to something!

The MP committee consists of Abi Daker, Ben O'Brien, Laura Barnard and Steven Bonner and they are the fantastic people who put the book together, tweet about it and distribute the books all over the world to commissioning editors/art directors. Volume 2 is no longer for sale, as only 20 books were available to buy, but they have all sold out now.

If you would like your own book, keep an eye out for the Volume 3 next year - and if you are looking to hire a creative, focused and fantastic individual to create something amazing for your project, you can visit The Mighty Pencil links below....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Jonathan. I have been following Ben the Illustrator for a while and am going to order one of the books. It's a project I would love to be involved or included in in some way.

    Again, the new blog looks ace, and I have updated the link in my blogroll.

    Best wishes
    Lorrie

    p.s. One thing, it would be useful if I could link directly to my site rather than my Google profile when leaving comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorrie ^_^

    I love Bens work too! I think the MP books have all sold out now, but I know that Ben has a great calendar available here - http://bentheillustrator.mysupadupa.com/collections/home/products/2013-fluid-animals-calendar

    Oh and thanks for the feedback about signing in using your site link - I'll have a look into it! : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

. All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger