Pages

Paper Cutting Workshop with Mr Yen and Chirpy

posted on: Monday, 25 November 2013


Well, this weekend I did something I've never done before....I ran two paper cutting workshops in a day! This was the first time I've run a workshop for real life people and I must admit - I was quite nervous. I've created tutorials for magazines before, but it was great to get to teach actual people (and very nice people they all were too!)

So, I taught two groups of eight and the workshop ran for two hours in each session. I explained all about how I do what I do, how I got started, what I've created and for who, then I passed around examples of all my hand cut work. I moved on to give everyone a few test templates to get to grips with handling the knife, while giving my own little tips I've picked up over the years to make things easier and then everyone got to try out some of my previous template designs to cut themselves a full paper cut. 



I was nervous to begin with (for both sessions) but once I got into the swing of it, I felt fine. Both groups were really great and I'm so pleased and impressed that lots of you who attended managed to finish creating a full paper cut.... some even managed to get their papercut all neatly wrapped in tissue paper and washi tape. There's going to be some special Christmas presents for people this year!

The workshop was held at one of my local stockists - Chirpy, which has lots of great things available, so if you're local to Leeds - get yourself to Chirpy for some fantastic Christmas presents from independent designers.

If you would like me to teach a paper cutting workshop at your shop or workshop space, just send me a quick email here and we can discuss the details! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

. All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger